Jack the champion

Jack was restless. He was at the regional zone athletics about to run his 100m. He was the second fastest 11and 12 year old runner at his school. If he comes first or second he will go to the state zone athletics where he verses the whole state. Ready! Steady! And the gun was shot. Jack was in third position if he can run a bit faster he might come second. Jack goes a bit faster and finds himself in second after David Taller from his school. He crosses the finish line in second position. Jack couldn’t believe it he was going to go to the state zone athletics. When Jack’s parents picked him up from school he told them all about it. The next day Jack’s sport teacher Mr. John gave him the permission note for the state zone athletics and told him should be at school that day by 7:30 in the morning. On the way to class Jack saw the school’s David Taller the fastest 11 and 12 year old boy at his school. “Well isn’t it Mr. Slow”. “So you made it to the state zone athletics hey”. “I bet you I’ll beat you”. “the loser polishes the winner’s shoes for 1 week”. “Deal” said Jack. “Okay, see you loser or should I say see you polishing my shoes”. At lunchtime Jack told his friend Tom about what happened to him when he was going to class. “ Why did you get yourself into this?”. “you know that your going to lose”. “Now whenever I need you next week I’m going to find you polishing shoes”. “I know how you feel Tom” said Jack “ But if I practice I might beat David Taller”. “Okay” said Tom “But practice hard”. “ This is going to be a tough competition”. Jack could run the hundred meters in 14 seconds. So that evening Jack and Tom went to the school oval. And Jack tried to beat his record of 14 seconds. The third time Jack tried to beat his record he got 13 seconds David Taller’s record. “Wow” said Tom “You actually got David Taller’s record”. “If you practice tomorrow, you might beat David Taller’s record.” So the next day Jack and Tom went to the school oval and again they practiced. This time Jack did beat David Taller’s record. “ Okay” said Tom “Know who’s going to polish a lot of shoes”. That night Jack got permission from his parents to go to the state zone athletics. “Be careful honey” said Jack’s mother “Don’t get hurt”. The next morning when Jack was at the state zone athletics he was very exited. He wanted to beat David Taller. When Jack’s race was called Jack ran to the starting line. Ready! Steady! The gun was shot. Jack had the lead until David Taller pushed him. Two people overtook David Taller. Jack came third and David Taller was disqualified. So David Taller had to polish Jack’s shoes for I week.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!