Olympic hero

OLYMPIC HERO

A year ago in Ancient Athens there was a young boy named Hercules. He was a strong young man, able to lift three times his own weight.

One day Hercules was walking through town with his parents when … he saw a sign that read: Are you an athlete? Do you want to compete against other people?

The answers to both of these questions were “yes.” For months Hercules trained, he lifted weights he ran long distances and he helped on the farm.

A week before the competition Hercules received a letter saying: Dear Hercules, thank for your entrance into our Olympic games. We would like to inform you that you must have a sponsor that will pay your entrance fee.
From Cy Cyclops. Head Officer.

Well this was a problem. Hercules didn’t know anyone that had that kind of money to pay the entry fee. Two days later Hercules was still looking when he came across an old ruin. He ventured inside, suddenly an old goat jumped out at him. The goat said his name was Phil. Phil told Hercules that he had trained some of the greatest athletes ever. Soon Hercules and Phil were well acquainted with each other. Phil offered to pay Hercules’ entry fee. When he got home Hercules told about the generous offer. His parents agreed that he could enter.

Finally the big day arrived, Hercules was nervous as he entered every event. The announcer told everyone that the 200m hurtles were about to start. Hercules got into position.

Would you believe it, Hercules won every event, he was so happy. For the rest of his life Hercules competed all around the world.


THE END




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!