Warning keep out

Warning, Keep Out
One hot summer I was playing on my scooter. I saw a gate it said warning. It was an old gate with a big bolt. It had bard wire. So I rode back to my friend Jades house. Jade told her brother Mathew. He said “lets go check it out”. They were terrified but happy at the same time so Mathew pulled the latch and the door swang open. There was a weird door there. It said “pass word please” so Jade and Mathew and I sat terrified for two and a half hours. Then Jade suddenly said “is it Mississippi” “your password is complete hello Mr James”. Mathew said “who is Mr James?” Jade said “who cares, let’s look around”. They saw a sign that said keep out there are wolfs and I will kill you if you don’t git out. Mathew said “I don’t know about you two but I am not scared”. Jade said “lets go home I don’t want to take the chance of you two getting hurt”. Mathew said “stop being a wimp it looks like no one has been here for years”. I said “nothing is going to happen to us”. Jade said “how do you no? It says on the sign if he finds us we are dead meat. There are wolfs around some where”. Mathew said “that’s just a lie there wouldn’t be. There isn’t enough wildlife in here and there’s no water”. Jade said “that doesn’t mean that there isn’t wild life there cold be monkeys, dogs, cats, lion and gorillas”. Mathew said “don’t be so stupid, theirs no one in here”. Jade said “its getting dark lets come back here tomorrow after school”. “No Jade” said Mathew “its not even dark you’re such a wimp.” “I am not a wimp” said Jade “you are” “No I’m not” said Mathew “Yes you are”. Then I said, “Both of you stop it! We are going home. We will come back after school tomorrow”. That night the three of them didn’t git much sleep. That night Mr James came to the gate and he saw foot prints in the ground so he put video cameras all around his property. He new they would be back and when they do he would catch them. So he watched the cameras in a little square room. He new that he was going to catch who went on his property. Three o’clock came and then me, Mathew and Jade came threw the gate. “Password Mr James”. Jade said, “Mississippi” when they walked in Mr James went out and said, “So you are the kids that have been trespassing on my property. Can’t you read the sign on the gate it said keep out? Have you met my wolf James number two? Come here boy!” A wolf came round. “Please don’t hurt us we will never come back in here again. “To late” He locked them up and no one ever saw them again.


By Melissa Bester grade 6
Word count 499

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!