Heaven Is Home

I never used to believe in heaven until I went there and came back to tell the tale. It was late on a Sunday night, but not just any Sunday night. It was my birthday! I just had the biggest party ever. There was alcohol and dancing up till midnight. I was driving home when I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored it. I then saw an orange light growing brighter and brighter until CRASH! The car was knocked back at least 20 meters. I was lucky to be alive, but I wasn’t done with this, thing that just crashed to earth. I walked over to the crash site and there was a large rock of some sort so thinking it was a meteor, I walked back the car, but I had no hope of getting it back upright. I just walked back to my house alone in the dark. I got home and went to lean on the door, but I fell over. “The door mustn’t have been shut properly.” I thought so I turned around to close it, but it was closed already. I figured that I was drunk and was seeing things, so I went to bed.

I woke up the next morning underneath the bed and ignoring the fact that I went from on the bed to under it, I was wondering why I didn’t have a headache. I took a morning walk to my friend’s house when I walked over a sewer cap and fell in. I was out cold. I woke up and had drifted down the sewer to about where my friend’s house is, so I climbed out and walked to the house he wasn’t home, so I searched for him around town. I found him at the graveyard at a grave that I couldn’t read. He walked away and home. I followed him. We got to his house and he told me and his other friend he was moving away for a while because of his loss and needed time to recover. “Goodbye old friend.” He said to us and walked away. I asked his other friend how he was doing but he turned and walked away.

I woke up the next morning under the bed again when I clearly remembered lying on top of it. I was stumped on that question. I decided to go shopping because I hadn’t done that in a while, but I gave up on that early because everything slipped out of my hands. I went home wondering what had happened and if the meteor had anything to do with this. I went to the meteor crash site and saw what was the meteor, but glowing white. I went to touch it and it showed me through a tunnel that lead up. When I reached the top, I saw what could be only described as god. I had some sort of conversation that ended with “You should go back down there but now alive, I summon you to Earth with life”. I realized what had happened. The car flying back killed me. The reason I fell through the door. The reason I fell through the bed and when my friend was talking to me and his other friend about moving away, he was only talking to his other friend. The grave he was at was mine and the reason I went up was I made peace with what killed me, and I moved onto heaven. I fell through the sewer cap and couldn’t pick up things was because I wasn’t and physical thing. I was dead

I opened my eyes and saw the meteor and ran to the graveyard and saw my name disappear from it’s gravestone. I then ran home and opened the door. I was again alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!