A Chance

I used to have a fear of taking on BIG opportunities until I took on the quest and conquered it.
It was a cold and windy day, it was the day of my life. As I gripped my racquet tightly, I closed my eyes and took in the fresh open air of my surroundings.
I couldn't believe it. ME! I just won the Junior Tennis Australian Open at 15 years old. Stepping outside of the court, I spotted something inquiring. A blurry vision of man wearing an expensive tux eyeballing me. Somehow I could tell that I had something to do with this.
"You there....come,"said the man in a deep voice. He handed me a suspicious envelope and inside it was a letter. It read......

"Dear Elizabeth,
Congratulations on being selected out of the few people who will
be travelling with us on a WORLD WIDE TOUR. We hope you will be
able to take on this huge opportunity and experience many new things
throughout our journey.

Kind Regards

Tennis Australia"

I was filled with joy until thoughts gushed through my head over and over again like a tape recorder. What if I get hurt? What is going to happen? I quickly replied to the email incase my mind was going to change. This was a huge risk but also a chance to face my fear. I got packed for the airport but more thoughts where circling my head. When I arrived at the airport my eyes started to get watery, my muscles were all cramping, my heart was pumping. I waved, hugged and kissed my family goodbye for I wasn't going to see them for quite some time.

6 months later......
Arriving back in my home town was like a dream come true. I was beaming with happiness as I hugged my family. It felt like forever. My experience was GREAT and now I know to take my chances,which just goes to show that you should always have faith in yourself and take on things outside of your comfort zone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!