Kingdom Of Astora

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

‘Finally, out of my miserable prison cell. I need to find a way out of the Undead Asylum, I don't want to rot in here. I won't rot in here.’ The knight thought, slowly rising from the wet, metal stairs. Coming up to a hallway that had these...creatures in it.
"Have I been in here this long? The hollows are already starting to die." The knight exclaimed, surprised, he did not realize that one of the creatures was running towards him, bearing a dagger and a shield. The hollow jumped with great power, slamming the dagger into the ground, missing and alerting the knight of his presence. "Well, they have also gained a habit of anger and knowledge." He said, before shoving his sword into the body of the hollow.
Later, as he had escaped, he came to a snowy cliff edge on the side of Tor Mountain. A bird swooped down and grabbed him with its giant claws, taking him to a completely new area he had never seen before. He passed out, waking a few hours later.
"Ey! EY! Wake up, you've been asleep for HOURS!" He arose from the ground, greeting this new person. "You would have done better to rot in the Undead Asylum, but...too late now, I guess? You can't change the past, can you? Well, listen here, buster. There are two bells, one in the horrible Blight town. The other is in the Undead Cathedral but be careful! A fierce gargoyle guards it. Ring them both, and something happens, brilliant right!? I mean, you are too weak to do it anyway! AHAHAHAH!!!
"Oh shut up, you don't even have a weapon...or a shield! And plus, there is probably gonna be merchants, maybe? Or...dragons and stuff, but anyway, who cares?!" The knight exclaimed with pride, baring his shield and sword.
"Oh yeah, and take him with you. He'll help you."
"Hmm? Oh! Jolly cooperation? Sure. Blight town sucks, but I'm sure to help my fellow knight. Praise the sun, yes, yes. regular stuff, yes."
"If I had a million dollars for every time he said YES, I would be rich. Very rich."
Together they worked through demons, hollows, poisonous bugs and swamp waters. They rang both bells, killed all the enemies, bought all the loot, and had a fun time overall!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!