I Will...Eventually

I step closer towards the edge of the wharf, walking. Slowly. My legs won't let me go any faster than they are going. I walk, step by step by step. The thought of me looking into the water is dreaded. Everyone used to say to me, I looked like my mum. My mum that isn't with me anymore, she can't help me, she can't teach me and she can't listen to me.

All because of Damien. If I look into the water I might see my mum. The person I haven't seen in so long. My head is spinning, my insides are all twisted, my legs feel like jelly. I turn my head, to face the beginning of the wharf. I try and force myself to stay, but I can't. I run. Damien's face was in my mind and I couldn't get it out. My mum isn't with me because he decided that doing donuts near people in his new flashy Coupé was a good idea. Damien. Damien. Damien. That's all I could think of as I run towards my home.

My home, wasn't really a home, I mean if you count a sleeping bag a box and a few bits of pillow a home them sure. I have lost my home, I couldn't pay rent, it was just too expensive. My dad left me when I was 3 and my mum...

I always went down to the wharf, gaining enough courage to look into the water. The water was my only mirror. I never looked. I couldn't.

People always said I looked like my mum, but they never said anything to my one and only sister. At least I thought she was my sister. All she seems to do it drive around in her 37 cars, never to realise that I'm here without a home, without a mum, without a dad, and without a sister.

I have attacked my sister all throughout my life. In my head that is, I couldn't find her in person. If I could I would know what a great, big, warm hug feels like. After being mad at my sister for long enough, I knew that it was time, I knew I would eventually do it. I walked so quickly that me arms had almost swung out of their sockets and my legs were filled with agony. I saw the wharf and I walked faster, faster, and faster still, until I got the the first log of wood. I stopped, stared and thought.

I was going to do it, after all these years. I walked up to the edge of the wharf, and looked.

My legs collapsed, my head ached, my heart jolted. I did. I looking like that spitting image of my mother. The one I had lost so many years ago. I fell to the ground, the only thing I could see from my eyes was black at it was staying that way. Forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!