Water Ski Racing.

Three minutes to start, driver and observer are ready, with their helmet and jackets on. Pat and I are ready on the front of the boat. Two minutes to start, watching all the other boats take off down the bendy river. One minute to start my driver tells us, thirty seconds, the boat in front of us goes and the flag drops. Pat and I push of the front of the boat and we are running the ropes out, the ropes go tight and the flag drops. The boat goes and pulls us up. But we weren't running a bigger enough prop so the boat didn't pull us out of the water, missing our start. The boat turns around and we get our ropes again. We find our handles and wrap up, all of a sudden the boat goes when i'm not ready. So we miss another start. The boat turns around again. We get our handles and rope so we wrap up again, this time we both missed our start. Third time lucky, we quickly wrap up again and the boat takes off. WOO HOO! finally we are going. By the time we reach the first corner we are doing approximate 100 kilometers per hour, then into the second corner. We are pushing hard and about half way we pass a boat in our class. When there is about 10 minutes to go before the finish line, we see another boat that we are catching. We come around a big corner and the boat is right there. We are next to them going as fast as we possibly can, pushing ourselves to the limits, we are in front of them. Coming around another corner we see all the houseboats on the bank then we see all the people on the shore. Finally we are there, coming across the finish line, relieved that we finished the race.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!