The First Day Of High Schooooooooooool

The first day of high school was felt really frightening at first. When I woke up I was afraid of the fact that It was finally the day where I’d start this brand new school that I’d be spending the next 6 years at, learning, playing and definitely studying. It was such a difference from finishing Year 6 because before the holidays we were all excited for finishing Primary school, we had parties with the whole grade and got all our Shirts and hats signed by classmates. All the Summer holidays I dreaded the day I would walk through those gates and start my new year at high school. My family and I still enjoyed our holidays. My Mum and Step Dad took my brother and I to see the New Years Eve fireworks in Canberra, we saw a Cricket game with our Dad, We saw some new movies in the cinemas, I went to a few of my friends houses and had friends come over to my house, and of course, Celebrated Christmas with all of the family. The feelings from inside me were scary because I was starting a new school and I didn’t know what to expect from this school because I’d never been there before apart from Information nights and school tours.

It all worked out in the end because I realized I was freaking out about nothing and all my friends and classmates were experiencing it the same as me, starting this new school wasn’t as frightening as I had expected to be. The best thing about it was all of my teachers were really nice and all my friends were there so we could guide each other through the next step of our lives. I’d be spending my next school years with good friends of mine, old bullies turned friends, some bullies that still are to this day bullies and new friends I’d make on my way through this school. I know I’ll always be having fun with my friends (except in class). I was pleased that I had all my friends with me to play with and have to support me through all of this. I don’t know where I’d be or what I’d do without all my good friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!