You Can Do Anything!

"Your never going get anywhere in life, especially in a wheelchair" that one girl told me that when I was in grade 8 for but those words changed my life. Hello my name is Lily Smith and this is my story of how I became a world class athlete. When I was born, I didn't have legs, they hadn't develop so I had to be in a wheel chair most of my life. But surprisingly no one treated me differently when I was younger and I started to like basket ball at a young age. But that ended when I went to high school, it all went down hill. There were these three girls, we called them the 'rich kids.' They bullied a lot of kids but I was their main target. They would gather around the ramps that the school had so I couldn't go up them, they would tease me saying things like "I think because of her having no legs she has no brains" and "she can't go up stairs, what a loser" which made me really hurt but then they said what I have mention before and that change my life. I was sitting at home one day, and discovered these videos of other people who have problems and I watch a few of them and I realized 'what am I thinking? I can still love the things I do, even if they say I have no legs, I can do things that they can't imagine' so I sign up for basket ball but for people who have disabilities and I trained all the way to adulthood to when I became so popular that I entered in to the Paralympics and I won first medals for basketball. Later I get a text from the 'rich kids' that I would sum up to be them apologizing for being mean to me and I forgave them because they didn't really understood my problem. That was my life story of how I became a world class athlete, follow my dreams and not let bullies get in my way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!