House's With Their Stories

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

Houses are unique, each one with different features like a human and different stories to tell like a book. Each one can have a personality whether it's boarded up and has a damp smell shows that it will give you a cold scared dead feeling as you walk in, some can be modern and have a family touch to it showing you a friendly feeling. This one house across my street was not like these other houses, it was filled with large rose bushes of pink, white and red. It looked like a home from the 18th century, it had large windows big enough to see through the trees, it had colourful stained-glass windows. The front door was large and elegant it shone a bright blue with purple birds that looked as if they were singing a lovely tune, a large blossom tree stood on the door below the birds. there perched below it sat a young girl in a yellow dress and brown hair reading a book with a dark green cover. she had a sweet innocent face and looked the age of about twelve.
The beautiful house was two storeys big and was unique in every way across the street, often people came to stand in front of all its beauty. The lady was as kind as her home was unique, she had dark raven hair and a sweet face, she was skinny and always wore unique colourful clothing. She would always come and hand out cookies to the school kids who came by like me. Her cookies were rich and had delicious flavour, she never told anyone her secret on how she made these flavourful morsels. Everyone had begged her to tell them but she never said a word, " Sorry, my lips are shut" she would say with a smile. She spoke in a calm, reassuring voice that always made you want to smile.
My home was nothing like hers, I wish it was. I wish people would walk by and admire my home which had so many stories to tell. Her home was like a story of wonder and forgiveness filled with love, all combined into one. Mine was modern and plain. It had no story to tell...so what if I write one? It would be about this young girl growing up in country with an adventurous and thrilling story to tell. And maybe one day someone might read it and enjoy it. And I realised that a story can somehow be like a house, as unique as us and a story no matter who writes it or how a house may look like will still be unique and loved no matter who it is.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!