War Of Magic

“Bella!” screamed the mermaids as she ran down the crispy leaf path leading towards the swimming hole.

“Calm down, what's the matter?” questioned Bella. The mermaids were splashing around in circles like monkeys high on sugar. Bella was quite scared, the mermaids had never gone this crazy before.
“Bad things are about to happen, bad things!” cautioned the mermaids. This made Bella feel even worse, she sprinted back down to the Great Oak Tree. Her whole life was built around this tree.

Bella crouched down under the tree and thought about what she had just been told. Would something bad really happen? Would this be the end? But then she told herself there was no point in building all this tension in her head when she can just get on with her day.

But all of a sudden the air filled with screams as elves and fairies whizzed past Bella shouting.
“Were done for, we’re all gonna die!” Bella crept down to where the fairies and elves lived in peace… But not any more.

Bella’s feet shook as a shock of cold water hit her. She looked around speechless, no words could explain how devastating this was. The village was flooded!
“Good grief!” cried Bella. Sadly, it was to late the water had already risen and gone halfway down by the time she found out what happened.
“Where are we going to live?” muttered a small elf.
“I don’t know” said Bella sadly

A few days later Bella was awoken by the sound of howling wind, but... there was no wind.
“I call for a forest gathering!” announced Bella. Meanwhile as the elves and fairies of the forest gathered under the Great Oak Tree, a dark figure entered the forest unotist and out of sight.
“Everyone I have been informed that bad things are coming to the forest which may include the flood in the village” Bella explained. Sooner or later that dark spirit would attack but Bella had bigger plans on her mind like repairing the village and getting a team of the best elves and fairies ready for battle.

“Surrender now!” demanded the spirit, as it entered the forest.
“If you fight me I will only bring bad luck to your village!” he demanded once again. Bella looked around to see the team she had for backup. They weren’t the best team she had, but it was her responsibility to look after them and the rest of her village.
“No, if you want to fight us you have to get through me first!” she yelled at the top of her lungs.

“Fine we will fight at midnight! But if you don’t come, that will be the last thing you and your tiny village does.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!