The Abandoned Castle

I crept slowly towards the dark and gloomy tunnel, unaware of the mystery awaiting on the other side. As I carefully approached the dark tunnel, I could see a small glimpse of light shining from the other end. I stepped closer and tried to get a better look. I had almost reached the other end and I could see an amazing sight, staring at me right in the eyes. It was a ginormous abandoned castle, that looked as though it had been untouched for hundreds of years.
I took a small step closer and felt a thick branch wrap tightly around my soft skin, scratching and piercing it. I screamed in fear and looked underneath my little feet, that were now raised off the dusty, forest floor. I saw a deep ocean underneath my toes. The castle was surrounded by the most beautiful moat. I pulled and pulled but the harder I tried to break free, the tighter the strong vines became. I began to cry, The tears dripped down slowly from my delicate, rosy cheeks. I screamed once again but this time louder. I wanted to stay strong, but I knew it was hopeless, no one would hear me. I could hear my voice echo amongst the nature surrounding me. Slowly the sinister forest gave in and the branches loosened up a bit but I still had to face the problem. I couldn’t swim! and There was a large moat right underneath my blistered feet. As the branches slowly let go, I screamed so loud even the forest could sense my utter fear and tightened up once again. So I was stuck there above the deep, blue, magical moat.
Suddenly I felt a soft, smooth hand reach out towards me. I gasped in relief and eagerly stretched out my bruised and almost broken arm. The strange figure started to become a little bit clearer but I still couldn’t see it’s face. An urge of happiness rushed through my veins as I slowly reached the dark and spooky forest ground. I turned around to thank the strange hero but before I could turn my head he had vanished, the dark shadow had completely disappeared. So I ran like the wind back through the gloomy tunnel and not once did I look back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!