Feel The Fire, Feel The Breeze

Fire...........!
Its strong withering scent, I hear it's crackling. The heat touching my skin, the flames dancing around me. My heart thumping and pounding, never missing a beat. The adrenaline filling my body, the fear building inside me. I could not contain it nor could it me. It was burning always burning, never-ending. Its intensity above all, it was not slowing instead gaining. I ran around trying to find a way out but there was none. If you were in you were not out. It was gathering around me closer and closer, with each flame hotter than the last. Its heat burning its way through every obstacle that stood in his path. I was terrified, my whole body froze. I could not move, and just then when strange fears filled my mind, I was teleported somewhere completely and utterly different.

Up on the horizon stood the crimson red sunset, it's sheer beauty and grace fulfilling to those who wished to see it. The breeze brushing my forehead, renewing my senses. I felt new, and the fire once burning inside me, was settled by the beautiful sun and silky soft breeze. I felt colourful and happy for the first time in forever. The reds and greys of the fire were replaced by the pinks and yellows of the Sunset. Calmness and peace filled my mind and with that my body was able to rest. But all of a sudden my eyes opened, I was awake, no longer in fantasy, the sunlight creeping through the window, filling my room with light. I had felt the fire burning hotter and more fiery than anything I could imagine, the pain I felt during that hardship was unbearable yet I had gotten through it, and got to see the light afterward. I had felt the fire and the breeze.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!