Ocean

I am still. Everywhere is silent. Peace at last. My clammy hands steadily grasp a plastic paddle. My feet are planted as I try to keep my balance. I'm standing on a solid paddle board drifting over the cool, pristine water. The sea is lapping at my toes like a thirsty cat, and the waves cradle me like a warm, loving mother rocking her baby to sleep. I can hear the loud, cries of sea birds overhead, and taste the saltiness of the ocean. The sun is setting on the horizon, casting a blanket of gold over the calm sea. Dolphins surround me, leaping out of the water chasing helpless fish that would soon be their dinner. I tremble on my board as they cause waves. Out here I'm happy. Out here I'm free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!