Oh No!!!!

“Oh no!” Screamed Luna “I missed the deadline! This is the worst day ever!”
Our story starts when Luna our main character misses a deadline!
You see Luna had decided to enter a science contest and she knew very well that she was going to win, but there was the problem of her Uncle Rupert.

Her Dad died when she was only 3 she struggled to remember him and the reason why her Uncle Rupert was here was her mother needed help around the house while she went to teach at university, her Uncle Rupert didn’t like this! He was a cranky man! Her Uncle Rupert made her work on sewing whenever he could! He was an old fashioned one and didn’t think girls should do much but sewing and housekeeping .Luna very quickly started to hate sewing but there was something that she loved at school!...SCIENCE!! This was a passion of hers as it was a passion of her dad. Then one day her teacher told her about a science competition coming up in willow falls (that’s where she lives). Luna was so excited and started working on it straight away. She worked day and night for this project, it was amazing! It was a robotic press a handmade button very realistic... Volcano!!!!! So we all still have one question right, and that one question is how did she miss the deadline? Well let’s go find out.

It was the day of the deadline all Luna had to do was press a button to send the video but at certain time. I know confusing. She was already to go all she was counting down the seconds till it opened 15 14 13 she was so excited 10 9 8 7 ohh now I’m even getting anxious 5 4 3 2 Flick! “Oh No!” Screamed Luna “Uncle Rupert!!!”
Why Uncle Rupert shut off the power why would he do such a thing? Luna raced to the garage (that’s where you could always find Uncle Rupert) she grabbed the knob and at least tried to to fling it open but Uncle Rupert knew she would get cranky and locked the door, so she waited and waited when finally the lights wher turned back on she raced upstairs jumped on her computer and pressed send. Ding! A message came it read ‘ sorry your entry was not considered as you entered it in late’.“Oh no!” Screamed Luna “I missed the deadline! This is the worst day ever!”
She was devastated! Why would her own Uncle sabotage her?

She called everyone on the website they all put her on hold (aka hanging up on her) except this one lady who told her just to send it to science.science.fun@willow.space.inc.gov so she did this was her email.

Dear science.science.fun@willow.space.inc.gov,
My entry was in late as my Uncle acccidently turned off the power. I have attached the video down below as instructed by Lyla Bell. Thank you for read this email
Signed
Luna Misioni

3 weeks later...

A few weeks later Luna got a letter saying that she won the competition and would be competing in the national competition and she won $250. She was so excited so was her mum so was her Uncle not. This was greatest day ever much better than the entry date for the competition! Oh and one more thing her Uncle couldn’t sabotage her next competition as it was going to be... live!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!