One

Thousands of viewers, lights shining down, the wind is whistling, all around.
The crowd is alive, this noise is insane, and all I could think about was the sheer pain.
Exhaustion filled my body, fatigue overcame me, but then I flew, to the highest degree!
Graciously the footy glided, as I mustered all my power, several seemed startled, as I soared as high as a tower.
Then it reached my hands, gasps from loud to mere, I might have just taken, the mark of the year!
‘I am the king’! I thought with great pride, ‘quick, the games not over’, is what my teammate cried.
I eyed off an option, but no, he wasn’t free, but there, in the square, was a pack of three.
We had the numbers on our side, I bombed it, hoping for control, but no, the wind had picked it up, and it sailed through for a goal!
Sirens sounded with abrupt, the scoreboard was the summary, faces lit up, some stayed solemn, one game, one goal, one memory.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!