Volcano Eruption

VOLCANO ERUPTION


I was sitting in my luxurious hotel room waiting for my dinner, before seconds would give birth to minutes, a waiter with a crisp black tuxedo strolled in with a gigantic plate in hand. A strong delicious smell wafted from the hot plate to my nose. I gently removed the silver lid of the plate revealing a sizzling mid-rare pork loin steak with a side of peas and mash. I sighed contently and dug into the food which tasted as sweet as the forbidden fruit. I ate so fast i felt the food crawling back up my throat but i swallowed it back down. Suddenly in the blink of an eye a raging ball of fire exploded through my window sending ruby red hot shards of glass flying everywhere at an unstoppable speed and into my skin. I screamed out in agonizing pain but no words came out. Pain exploded throughout my body sending me down to the floor. The pain was so intense i saw all planets bow before the great Jupiter. Tears welled up in my eyes and streamed down my face like two raging rivers. I needed to get out of here, and fast!.

I tried to stand up but my legs as frail as the clouds of sunset did not respond. I crawled to the balcony and what i saw before me made the hairs on my arm stand up and my skin crawl. The volcano nearby had erupted sending chunks of fire balls exploding and flying everywhere without mercy!. Without hesitation i sped down the stairs as fast as my feeble legs could carry me. I looked like a drunk man with disabled legs. When i got out of the hotel i walked out and a strong smell of smoke ran down my throat making my lungs scream for air, it burned like a heated opal. The air was toxic due to all the flames!. Smoke burned like the fires of hell in my lungs and showing no signs of stopping. My mouth longed for a drink but there was none nearby. I was as thirsty as a dry road.

Just a stone throw away i could see people running for their lives as fast as windy flames devour. They dashed into the forest which was a dumb idea but my mind refused to go through all the possibilities of danger, so i ran with the panic-stricken civilians. I retreated into the forest and in the blink of an eye a colossal ball of fire sped towards me at the speed of a phantom and crashed into a nearby tree making it commit shards of tree bark in every direction. A piece of wood punctured my chest sending surges of pain explode through my body. Blood barreled out of my fresh wound and down my chest like a raging red ruby river. Pain arose in me like mercury in a thermometer. My vision grew blurry and i started to feel faint, my head began to pound and the world around me started to spin like a top. I tried to regain my balance on a withered tree but my body would not cooperate and just like that i slowly fell to the ground with a thud.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!