You Always Get Something Good Out Of The Bad

A Big dam with lots of boats is surrounding me.
There are lots of people wakeboarding and skiing or just swimming. There are cars everywhere and some people are four wheel driving.
Lots of tents and caravans are next to the dam with crystal clear water that is warm in summer surrounding them on one side.
There are lots of sticks and rocks in the shallow parts of the water and there is a long wood ladder that leads into the water on the motocross side of the ginormous dam.
A big stone/rock ridge which separates the dam from the runoff area which cars drive along to get from one side of the dam to the other.
The smell of the leaves, dam and fresh water are very strong, especially the petrol from the engines of the boats when they start up.
You can also hear the motorbikes from the motocross track across from the dam.

We decided to get into our boat and go from a cruise along the water, we had been on the water for about 1 hour until suddenly we heard a bang.
Our engine had blown up.
It was getting dark and there was no service on our phones so we were stuck , we were waving our arms around in the air to try and get someone’s attention but it was too dark to see, we decided to just stay here and try to go to sleep on the floor of the boat until the morning where someone will be able to see us.
After 2 hours of trying to fall asleep Mum, Dad and I finally passed out.

I woke up to an unusual sound of someone talking, but I couldn’t see anything because it was midnight but the voices kept getting louder and louder until everyone else on the boat woke up.
The noises were coming from another boat that was coming towards us, they had come to rescue us and take us back to our trailer.
It was so cold that we were all shaking so being back at our camo next to the da was a big relief because we all had warm fluffy jumpers on and the boat was safely on the trailer.
We now know what we have to do tomorrow, We have to go and replace the boat engine so we can come back here as soon as possible.
We became really good friends with the people who rescued us from the water because they were such nice people who did a good deed for us!
This trip was a great one with lots of laughs and we can't wait for the next trip up here to be even better!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!