Volcano In The Clouds

“Buster come here boy! Buster come on!” I scream. “Buster this isn’t funny! A storm has started
and you know it’s like when earth is having an earthquake!” I’m so scared. Poor Buster. I need Buster.

I’m Alice and I’ve got a huge secret that only the people in my neighbourhood know about. You are about to know too! I live in the clouds and I’m magic! So is my Papa and older brother Edward. Edward and I have pets given to us by our mother who is not magic. Edward has a claustrophobic gold fish. He named it Eddy. I have an adorable little puppy named Buster. At the moment I’m missing him a lot.

I found out that it’s not a storm happening, it’s a volcano... Now I’m really scared. Buster is still out there! So I keep looking. I move on. All I feel is intense heat rushing into my face, hot ashes going into my eyes and the sound of the volcano roaring as it spits out hot oozing lava. But I keep looking. I’m determined to find him. If Buster isn’t coming back to earth... I’m not either. I’m starting to give up on hope. I’ve looked everywhere behind me and nothing. Everything in front of me has been swallowed by lava. I turn around and start to head to Papa and Edward, who are about to leave to find mother. That’s when I heard...

A whining noise coming from behind me. I turned as quickly as I could to find Buster stranded on an island surrounded by lava. “Buster! I’m so glad to see you!” I yell. “I’ve got to get you out of here!” But how? Once again I lose all my hope. I think of just leaving him there knowing he’s safe on the island and coming back when the lava has cool. But I just couldn’t. Watching poor Buster whining and and trying to limp to me. What was I supposed to do? Buster is my only friend I don’t fit in at school and have no other friends. I just can’t lose Buster. When I remember... I’VE GOT MAGIC! I could use my magic to levitate Buster over to the lava to me, but it’s easier said then done. I concentrate on bringing Buster to me. I close my eyes and let the magic do it’s stuff. My eyes open, and Buster is in my arms.

I run to Papa and Edward they are glad that Buster is safe. We find mother and a vet.

Edward and I go to the swing that we always played on when we lived on earth. Edward brought the tank with Eddy in it and I brought Buster. We watched the sunset together, thankful that everyone is safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!