Jack's Unlucky Day

"OI! Where do you think you're going?" yelled the manager. Jack sprinted home as fast as he could, when he arrived his mother was in shock. "Where have you been Jack?" said Jack's mother with a concerning look on her face. "Look mum, I stole these beans from Bunnings Warehouse", replied Jack. "Are you kidding me Jack? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO STEAL FROM A SHOP!", yelled Jack's mum. Jack's mum snatched the beans from Jack's hand and threw them, she then grabbed Jack's arm and dragged him inside the house. It was later that night that Jack was thinking about what the manager said. “These beans aren’t just any beans they are magic”. That same sentence was being repeated through Jack’s thoughts over and over until Jack fell asleep. The next morning had come, Jack woke up and opened his curtain but when he peeked outside his facial expression was in a massive shock. Right outside of his window was a giant, green beanstalk that grew past the clouds overnight. Since Jack’s mother was still asleep, Jack thought it would be fun to climb to the top of the beanstalk. 30 mins later… Jack was still climbing and could almost reach the top of the beanstalk. Jack’s vision was going blurry but when he was almost at the top something caught his eye… it was 2 legs with a pair of boots hanging down from the top. “Who’s there?” said Jack in fear. “My name is Santa, what is your name and what are you doing at the top of the beanstalk? I am trying to have a vacation here”. “My name is Jack and I stole these beans from Bunnings and my mother yelled at me and threw them on the ground. The next morning this giant beanstalk grew right outside of my bedroom window”. “You STOLE beans from Bunnings! that is a very naughty thing for you to do. I’m sorry Jack but the only thing left to do is to write your name on the naughty list”, replied Santa. “I’m really sorry Santa, please don’t put me on the naughty list, I promise I won’t steal from Bunnings anymore”, cried Jack. “It’s time for you to go Jack, my vacation is only beginning”, said Santa. “Okay, but can I ask you for one favour please?”, replied Jack. “What is it?”, replied Santa. “Can I have a selfie?”, asked Jack in an excited voice. “HO, HO, HO, no, you can’t have a selfie with me”, said Santa. Jack climbed down the beanstalk in tears and his mother was at the bottom of the beanstalk yelling “JACKKKKKK!” “Hi mother, I’m home now”, said Jack. “What were you doing up there? That is where Santa takes a vacation”, said Jack’s mum. “I didn’t know that”, replied Jack. “GUESS WHAT mum! Santa put me on the naughty list, now I won’t get my LEGO, this year”, cried Jack. “That’s what happens when you steal from a shop”, said Jack’s mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!