Oh No!

Dear dancing diary,

The crowd is going wild. The nerves flow throughout my body as I enter the stage. I have my head held high as I take my starting position. The music begins, my smile is beaming as I project to the top of the balconies. I nail every step and my energy is endless. Then I prepare for my pirouettes. I start spinning; one, two, three, four, five, six! I then fouette in attitude, leap and hit the roof! The audience is screaming as I finish my performance. “Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine!” The audience chants in unison. I bow and exit the stage. The last performer finishes their dance and we all enter the stage for adjudication. “And the first-place champion is, Jasmine Davis!” The judge announces. I’m ecstatic! I take the trophy and I can hear my Mum in the audience! “Jasmine! Jasmine sweetie! Jasmine!”

“Wait, what!” then I wake up. I hear my alarm ringing, so I immediately turn it off. “Jasmine, you’re going to be late for dance!” My Mum says angrily. I check the time and it shows 8:30. I jump out of bed. Frustrated thoughts are repeating themselves. Why did you stay up so late last night?” This just makes me get ready even faster. I got dressed into my ballet gear and created a flat bun on my head and when I walked downstairs for breakfast, I saw my bratty little sister Bianca playing with my pointe shoes! Because I’m so moody, I snatch them off her and irresponsibly through them in my bag. I peel myself a banana and munch whilst walking up the stairs. I continue to get ready and before you know it, I’m in the car by 8;40! Mum and Bianca are in the car waiting patiently for me.

The car ride was peaceful and when I arrived at my studio, I kiss my Mum goodbye and I enter. I find my friends Heather, Daniella, Riley and Freya. “Hey Jazzy!” Freya said enthusiastically. “Hey guys!” I replied whilst giving them all individual hugs. “Hey, let’s go get ready for class, we don’t have very long.” Riley suggested then we all gathered our belongings and headed to the lockers.

We all have lockers next to each other. I make sure that mine is always smelling like vanilla and on the inside of the door, there are photos of my friends and me. There are three compartments to the lockers. The top compartment of my locker has a sewing kit and first aid requirements, especially for pointe shoes. I have dance essentials in the middle shelf like hair utensils, makeup, spare leotards, tights and dance shorts. The bottom compartment is the largest which I put my dance bag in. We got all ready for stretch class and walked into studio A. Stretch class is only one hour and goes by in a minute. “Okay ladies, today we are having a surprise teacher.” Miss Kylie announced. Our teacher walked in. Oh no!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!