Killer Mountain

In the frigid cold and eerie stillness of dawn ascending,
I emerge from the safety and comfort of my hiking tent.
As I gaze up, the colossal peak of Nanga Parbat towers over me;
I am drawn to the mountain’s powerful energy challenging me to the summit.
Killer Mountain is its name, as so many before me have met their fatal end here.
I strap on my crampons and lift my pack of meagre supplies.
The adventure begins as I take my first steps into the deep, soft, snow.
Up and up I climb, for hours on end, what seems like an eternity.
The air is thin and the altitude makes my head swim with unclear thoughts....
But I am so close now to the summit and I trudge on with fearless determination.
Finally the end is within reach and I half crawl, half drag myself with the little energy I have left.
I have done it- I have summited the Killer Mountain!
A sense of achievement and exhilaration washes over me like a wave.
I stand there alone, proud and thankful for my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!