I Wish For Better

My story beings only nine months after I was born, November 21st, 2008. I was rushed to hospital, unresponsive, close to death. My mother standing by my side and my father rushing home from work. The doctors checked my sugar levels only to see that It read HIGH. My life was endangered, my health, my family’s happiness. I was scared there were to many needles I thought I was going to die, I looked at everyone in the room and then just closed my eye’s and fell asleep I thought it might help but everyone was shaking like a was died there was crying but I heard them so I couldn’t have been died, I decided to wake up every one was relieved. The doctors put me on something called a drip it was full of insulin I, insulin would be the one thing that would keep me alive. I stayed at the hospital for two weeks and then went home with something called a pump, I had to have needle’s every 3 days (and till this day I still do).
I was just a year old when we moved, we moved all the way from Johannesburg to Adelaide because my dad got a job as an electrical engineer it was a long and tiring journey but we did it when we got there It was cold and rainy, we were met by some of my dad’s work colleagues they took us to our apartment, I was surprised by how big and spacious the apartment was. My mum told me that she was also surprised that people went out at night, took buses to work and school and that there were pedestrians.
On 2013 January the 31st I started my first day of school it was scary but some of my friends from kindergarten were there so it wasn’t so bad also on the 2013 21st of July my little brother was born and my granny came from South Africa just to see the birth of my brother.

On 2013 sometime in December we went back to south Africa for a year it was amazing seeing me cousin’s again and my aunt on my dad’s side gave my sister and I 200 Rands each (that’s $20 in Australian currency) it was awesome seeing my family again! But also, very upsetting because I got diagnosed with a hypo Thyroid. We came back on 2015 February the 2nd.
5 years later I’m 10 it’s 2018 sometime around march I get diagnosed with coeliac and a dairy intolerance.
I n 2019 I felt down I felt so sorry for myself I wished for a better, I wished that I could have 1 day without having to worry about diabetes so I tried to not worry about it but then I was running on HIGHS for the whole day I lied to my mum about my sugar level but it didn’t work out she found out and I never did it again.
True story

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!