Cabin In The Woods

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

She stood at her window, she was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. This time he knew she was the one. Her skin was glowing in the twilight, pale as snow, soft as a newborn baby.
She wasn’t his usual type. He usually went for the women who looked like they could put up a fight. He thought, maybe that was the issue. Her hair was long, and he urged to run his fingers through it.
“Not yet” he whispered to himself. The more he savoured the thought, the better it would be. He knew this were true, but he’d never felt so fiercely for another. It took all his strength to leave.
“Tomorrow” he promised.
The sun faded as he walked away from the sweet little cabin in the woods. Day became night while the only sounds were the subtle cracks of sticks beneath his feet.
She woke to the light taps of rain on the old roof of her cabin and a barely audible snap right below her window.
He watched the tension leave her face as she assured herself it was nothing.
He felt at peace watching her sway around her room. Humming tunes that had never existed before. She had a beautiful voice. They'd make a great duo.
He waited until she stepped into the shower before averting his eyes. Catching only a glimpse of her skin.
With a quick glance left and right, he slunk towards the back entrance.
He reached for the handle, with a simple click, he was inside. She should learn to lock it.
The water in the shower came to a stop, he heard the damp patter of her feet across the wooden floorboards.
The steps grew in volume as she neared his hiding place. The smell of her perfume distracted him for less than a second before he grabbed her.
A scream tore from her throat and into the empty air. He lived for that sound. She thrashed. He fell. She ran, but not fast enough. He ripped her feet from beneath her. She fell. He let out a roar in anger at the blood that pooled from her head. It was over already and he didn't get to enjoy it.
All night his thoughts had been engulfed by her. All the things he wanted to do to her. All the ways he could make it last. Shivers ran down his spine just imagining the pops of each finger as he broke them off. He imagined hearing the pain in her voice lessen after each one, her suffering at the point where she was numb.
He rose to his feet and threw his fist at a wall in a fit of rage, leaving a vast hole. Looking down at his feet where her beautiful clear skin turned crimson, as the blood stained it, made his anger worsen.
He stormed off, crashing through the back door and away from the cabin in the woods.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!