Save The Dragons

It was sunny on Bob’s first day at the digging site. Tim had said he could start with the digging. So, Bob excitedly started, but, when he was nearly at the bottom of the pit, he saw something glinting vaguely. Bob quickly and vigorously dug at it. After that, he picked it up - examining it. Bob thought it was a box with ancient symbols on it. Bob was eager to see what it was as he thought there might be a treasure inside. Bob opened it. There was a glimmering, shimmering golden key inside. Bob slowly picked it up...
Flash! Bang! A bright light filled the air and an assortment of mythical creatures floated around the pit while colours went bang. Then, everything froze. After that, everything went foggy and slowly faded away while colours returned into a forest instead.
“Where am I?” he thought. “What has happened? Who did this?” Bob whimpered while rays of sunlight pierced through the canopy layer and beamed across the plants.
Bob shuddered with shock. He started to wander around plants seemingly whispering and flowers as colourful as toucans. Bees travelled from flower to flower spreading pollen. Suddenly, a black dot covered the sun, next it swooped down from the sky as fast as a bullet tearing through the air, Bob screamed! The dot said, “Shut up”. As it got closer Bob realised that he was looking at a dragon.
“You can speak!” Bob said intrigued.
“Of course,” he said gloomily.
“What’s wrong?” questioned Bob.
“I need my slave who has my magical amulet” sniffed the dragon.
“Why can’t you get him?” asked Bob.
“Because the goblins will hear me and kill me” he groaned. “That’s why I got you, Bob!”
“I’ll get it!” exclaimed Bob. “But which way?”
“To the north, a day’s walk. Now go!” roared the dragon in triumph. So Bob started on his journey.
Sore and weary, Bob trudged along - cursing the fact that he had picked up the key until it was evening. Then Bob thought he saw a dim light in the distance. Bob quietly tiptoed near until he got within the distance of a bow's arrow. He stared. It was a small camp of goblins who were chanting “Kill him! Kill him!” while a man dangled helplessly over a fire. The man spotted Bob he was about to shout for help, but Bob shushed him. Bob waited for night to fall. When the goblins slept and only one guard was left on watch. Bob aimed his bow and let his arrow fly. Bull’s eye! Strait through the goblin’s skull. Bob silently but steadily crept to the camp and tiptoed to the man, but Bob didn’t realise that it was a trap! He stepped right into sticky glue and stuck fast… Bob tried to get free, but it was no use. He pushed and he wrenched but it was helpless!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!