Party Time

“Happy Birthday Fred” said Fred’s parents as he wakes up from his sleep. Fred went to go get changed. After his shower he opens his cupboard door and a pie flies out of his cupboard and splats him in the face. “Nice surprise Mum and Dad, but where’s Bob?” he asked his parents. Bob had been hiding in the cupboard since 6:51 am in the morning. “Didn’t you see him? He was the one that threw the pie at your face” replied his parents.

“Let’s start getting ready for the party Fred” said his parents. Fred quickly got changed and went downstairs. Everyone is coming soon and Fred’s mum wanted him to help set up. “Mum, it’s my birthday. I shouldn’t have to set up. I mean my friends don’t have to set up for their birthday but why do I have to set up?” Fred complained.

Fifteen minutes later……. Everything was set up and ready to go. The guests started to arrive. “Come in everyone” said Fred’s parents. In the meantime Fred shouted “Let the party begin!” Fred asked a joke. “What goes Ho Ho Ho thump?” His friends shouted out the answers, “Santa”, “an elf?” Fred asked them if they gave up. They all said yes and the answer was Santa laughing his head off. "That was a nice joke" laughed Jack.

“When can we cut the cake?” Fred asked his mum. His mum said “We will cut it after you tell all of us another joke.” “What did the Christmas tree wear to the pool party” said Fred. One of his friend replied “Bathers.” Another answered “pants.” Fred asked “Do you all give up?” and they all said yes! Fred told them the answer was swimming trunks and asked his mum again if they could cut the cake and she said yes.

“I wonder what’s inside the cake” someone whispered. Fred finally cut it open and there were lots of lollies inside. “I’ll evenly hand out the lollies to everyone” Fred said. Everyone got 10 lollies each because there were ten people and Fred’s mum had put a total of 100 lollies in the middle of the cake.

“Let’s go play footy” Fred shouted. So everyone ran outside and one of Fred’s friend kicked the ball over the fence. “Mum, Riley kicked the ball over the fence to Bob.” Fred called out to his mum.

Two hours later, everyone started leaving because the party was ending. Fred said good-bye to his friends and got ready for scouts. Fred’s mum turned to him and said “You can now go and apologise to Bob for kicking the ball over the fence.” Fred rushed over to Bob’s and apologised. Bob accepted his apology and returned the ball back to Fred. The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!