Warthog And Crocodile

In the deep dark jungle under Mount Kenya there was a village called Bobelu. The village had a chief whose name was Mutua. He was as proud as a peacock and his shoulders were broad and built. He had a spear made from camphor and its tip was molded using molten lava. He had the most beautiful daughter in the village. Her afro was voluminous and kinky and her skin was as dark as chocolate. Her skin glimmered in the sun, men and animals alike journeyed kilometers for her hand in marriage.
Warthog and Crocodile were one of the many to ask for the girl’s hand in marriage. Mutua decided on a competition, he wanted the ugliest in all the land to marry his daughter. Warthog and Crocodile conversed this between themselves and decided that it was not going to be a problem for them. A few days before the competition, the chief came up with a twist, he also wanted the entrants to plead their case.
After this announcement, Crocodile started to panic while Warthog seemed to have it all in control. The day arrived and the villagers gathered to watch. Crocodile began “I believe that I am the ugliest because my scales are very rough and my mouth is very long. I am very obese and my eyes are sharp and scary. That is why I believe that I deserve your daughter’s hand in marriage. Thank you for your time”.
It was now Warthog’s turn to plead his case. Warthog began “I believe that I am the ugliest because my tusks are humongous and I have disgusting warts on my skin. I am also very obese. That is why your daughter should marry me. Thank you for your time”.
Mutua wanted to give Crocodile his blessing but the villagers wanted more action. They started shouting, “we want a challenge, we want a challenge”, and because Mutua did not want to lose his job as chief, he gave them a challenge that would give crocodile the upper hand. The challenge was that whoever was able to stay underwater for the longest time would win. Crocodile smiled, he was sure he was going to win. Warthog had to come up with an idea quick. He carved a pipe out of a bamboo tree. He planned to use the pipe to breathe under the water. The competition started, one hour passed and the villagers were surprised that warthog was still under water. Little did they know that he was cheating. Another hour later Crocodile needed air so he pushed himself out of the water and a minute later Warthog came out as well. The people cheered and Mutua had no choice but to give Warthog the blessing. Crocodile was bitter ever since.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!