Lazy Google

Lazy Google
Tom is obsessed with Google he asks her everything. “Ok Google what is the best known Dinosaur?” “T-Rex also known as the tyrannosaurs Rex it is a carnivore and walks on two legs. “Google replied “cool” said Tom. Next he asked “what is an herbivore?” Google said “a plant eating creature.” Google found Toms’ questions challenging. Google didn’t like dinosaurs. “Google is new technology and dinosaurs are old.” Tom’s mother had told him.

Next day was the same Google was asked many questions about dinosaurs but Google didn’t like that. So she stopped answering. Tom was furious so he disabled Google and started talking to Siri. Siri was Googles’ enemy he could talk, could access the internet and he could do everything! Siri was proud Google was jealous, so Google talked to her good friend Bing. “Bing what can I do, Siri is getting all the attention” “maybe settings can help he knows everything about this I-pad.” “Good idea” Google went to settings “settings can you stop Siri getting all the attention” “OK I will send them a notification.” After sending Tom’s mother a notification Tom’s mum talked to Tom’s father and they decided Tom needs an I-pad ban. When Tom heard that news he was angry with a capital A!!!! He screamed at the top of his lungs “this wireless stupid electronic devise is dumb! I have such an unfair bad life, it’s as unfair as living in a rubbish dump while my sister lives in a mansion.”

Later on when he was sitting down doing nothing his sister got the I-pad, he didn’t like that much. He thought to himself that stupid bratty little sister gets it and I don’t. Then out loud he said “my unfair and clueless mother lets her have it and not me. Unfair.” So he went to his dad and said “how can I study dinosaurs without the I-pad, Siri and Google” “you could go to the museum or read a book” he proclaimed “cool” Tom said.

Tom begged his Dad to take him to the museum, so his dad took him to the museum. Tom loved the museum “it had real dinosaur bones!” he said excitably. He loved his dad’s old ways of doing stuff, so he read a book “cool” “this has better stuff than the I-pad “you may be an old fashioned person Dad but you know good stuff.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!