The First Sunami

The two sides were at war, land and sea, Neptune and Pluto, Posiedon and Hades.
Zeus saw that his brothers were warring and became infuriated. He came down from his home, on Mount Olympus to kidnap his brothers’ wives in the hopes to bargain them for the war to end. Poseidon thought Hades had stolen his wife and became infuriated. He sent a wave of water towards the mainland, Hades’ domain. Hades saw the wave coming and pleaded with Zeus for protection. He offered everything he had. Zeus still refused, he said “no brother, I cannot fight your wars for you”. To which Hades replied, “fine. I don’t need your protection anyway”
and sped off back to his palace in the underworld. He then traveled to the ocean where he pleaded with Poseidon to which he said,
“you have brought this upon yourself brother.”
Hades became very sad. His two brothers had forsaken him, and Zeus still had his wife. Hades thought of a plan. He was going to sneak into Zeus’ palace and steal the master bolt. Surely, that would get Zeus’ attention. Hades took his favorite son, Nico, with him to Zeus palace because Nico was small and fast. He could slip in and out in a few minutes. Hades told him the plan and Nico was disgusted.
He said to his father “I cannot do this for you father, you must fight your own battles. After all you brought this upon yourself”.
Hades saw the tidal wave would arrive soon and changed his plan. Once again, he pleaded with Poseidon, telling him he could be the new god of the underworld. Poseidon was intrigued. Hades giving up his Godship for what, so he could live?
Posiedon took the offer but said “I cannot stop the wave, but I can tell you how to.”
Posiedon told him how to, but Hades changed his mind.
“Impossible, why would Asclepius give a god of death, the cure to death?”
Hades then retreated to his fortress to start preparing for the wave. He hid all his children and lovers. The upper world would become ocean and there was nothing he could do about it. He sank into a deep depression, only coming off his throne when needed. But as the wave was very close, Hades son, Nico Desperate as he was, agreed to Hades plan. Hades was overjoyed, they sped off to Zeus’ palace to steal the bolt.
Nico slipped in and got the bolt, he came out of the palace sprinting, screaming “Zeus is behind me! Hades used his powers to teleport to the undersea palace of Posiedon.
Once There, Hades walked through the gates to the palace, Posiedon was sitting on his throne. He saw Hades with the bolt, got up, rushed over to his brother and eagerly took it from his grasp. Posiedon told Hades he could get Asclepius to give him the cure.
Posiedon got the cure from Asclepius, poured it into the ocean. And the wave subsided.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!