The Flaws Of A Perfect World

I always knew that I was different. There were others that were peculiar like me but I was the only one who saw the flaws in this perfect world. The only one that knew that the stories told to us by the government were just conspiracies designed so that we would not question their ideals and beliefs.
25 years ago, a nuclear war occurred. In this war millions of nuclear bombs were dropped all over the planet. By doing that the whole solar system was blown apart. At least that was what the government wanted us to believe. However I knew the truth, ever since I had been drowned on that winter night.
It had happened on August 19th 2192. I had been swimming in the reconstructed pools of Gamangui (one of the parts of the second earth), when I felt something push me down and suddenly everything went black and all these realisations came to me. I had tried to explain what I had seen to my parents but they were already so far into the brainwashing lies of the government that they thought I was past insanity and sent me away.
The place they sent me away to was a special asylum for insane people but I was never insane, in fact, I was the only sane person on this planet. After 2 years of being locked in a room with nothing to do but stare at a wall, I was finally released.
I would bring down the government and make sure everyone would know the truth. The only problem was that I was not allowed to go outside.
There had to be a way, I thought. Then I saw it. There was a small hole in the floor that turned out to be a handle. How had I never noticed this before? I twisted the handle and the floor board opened to reveal a tunnel. I climbed down the tunnel but I was too late. Someone had seen me. It was my mother. She grabbed hold of me and pulled me back up. I tried to force her to stop but it was not working. I felt myself being lifted up, back up to the house of insanity.
Ten minutes later I was chained to the dining room table and some government official was standing beside my body, holding a needle. “No” I screamed. I knew what this needle would do. “It is for the good of the government” my mother said. And then I felt the pain rushing through my arm. I felt my soul coming out of my body screaming at the injustice. My dying thought was one of hope, that one day in the future there would be someone else who would see the flaws in this perfect world and bring justice to the planet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!