Egg Hunt

BANG!! It had only just begun. Frantically, I zoomed around the yard looking for eggs. “One!” I counted. “Two, three, four, five, six, seven!” When would this end?
Suddenly, I heard rustling from behind some bushes. Was it a bird? No, it wasn’t a bird. A pair of chocolatey hands jumped out at me.
“James!” I shouted. My annoying cousin was in the bushes eating his eggs. ‘Great,’ I thought, ‘Another day with my cousin.’
James giggled. I looked at my bag. I had seven eggs, but he had at least 28! I felt so embarrassed that I ran off. I went to the pool area and almost fainted; there was a pile of eggs just waiting to be taken! “Yes!” I exclaimed. “Wait until James sees this!”
Quickly gathering the eggs, I noticed that a small fountain of bubbles had just risen to the surface of the pool. I looked again and saw movement under the water. A feeling in my gut told me to run, so that is exactly what I did.
Along the way I saw another cousin scavenging for eggs. He found a large one sitting in some bushes. As he snatched it, James’ chocolatey hands appeared and grabbed him. I heard a conversation going on between them that ended up as a fight, with eggs flying everywhere. Not wanting to be a part of it, I silently crept away.
After that mess, I knew exactly where to go - the shed. The shed is the best spot to hide eggs in the WORLD, but when I entered someone had beaten me to it. Then I realised the ‘someone’ was my uncle, who was acting as our Easter Bunny! At that moment the five minute gun went off. That meant there was only five minutes to tag the Easter Bunny. Slowly, I crept up on my uncle. He turned around so I quickly hid behind some boxes then…tap!
“I got him! I got him!” I cheered.
We all went inside and my Grandma congratulated me. Then my cousin handed me a big, green box. I looked inside and couldn’t believe what I saw…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!