Waves

I sit near the shoreline watching as the sparkling water skims over the golden sand. The water rushes further up the beach, moving closer towards my toes, until it stops and draws back into the ocean only to repeat the same sequence over and over again. I’ve always wonder why the ocean does this. Is is because it’s not allowed to go past the sand? Is it because it’s scared to journey beyond the coast. Sometimes I feel like the ocean. People look at me and throw me around trying to move me out of the way. It never works of course, but it makes me feel really blue. Close your eyes and think what it would be like to be the ocean. Burning rays of sun shining upon you. Watch people swim in you. Not everybody appreciates you or your beauty. So next time you’re sitting under a colorful umbrella think of all the little things you can do to appreciate the beach.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!