Saved From Blood

“Don’t come any closer!” Malinda screamed, silencing the group.
Her piercing blue eyes were frantically searching the crowd, trying to spot a friend, teacher or even a simple acquaintance! But she knew no one would help the weak and fragile girl anyways. She pulled back her hand slightly as she had stuck it out in a quick stop motion. A small, shaky sigh escaped her mouth. “Okay, thank you for the silence…” She laughed nervously, hoping to hear at least a little chuckle from the crowd.
She got nothing, but she still stood strong against them, for a while.
Her heart was beating quickly, her body was tense although she stretched herself out to hide it. Her long, silky, caramel brown hair was held back tightly into a high ponytail with a sequinned scrunchie. Making her bright, big blue eyes completely visible to her peers, although at the moment they were dull and shaky. Her lightly tanned skin was stained with thick blood and purple bruises. The legs she hopelessly stood on were weak and wobbly, knees shaking with slight stumbles visible. Her body soon completely collapsed.
A boy suddenly stepped forward, his eyes narrowed with a dark tint. His brown hair was tightly tied back as it was slightly long compared to the other students. Although some could say it was an advantage as you could clearly see his piercing black eyes go through you.
“Silly Malinda.” The boy laughed manically, causing the tiny girl to whimper. “You look so god damn pathetic down there.”
“Brain! Please help me!” She called to her friend. Well, she at least thought he was her friend.
“Why would I help a weak and stupid little wimp like you?!” He held his stomach as his voice barely escaped through his laughter.
Malinda brought her knees to her chest. Her small, blue pupils shaking intensely with fright as her thick ponytail clung to her sweaty neck. As Brain stepped forward again, she moved back sharply. He’s changed, she knew he had changed.
She squeezed her eyes tightly as she waited for her blood to splutter from Brain’s suddenly lifted fist. Yet it never came.
Malinda waited a few seconds before she treacherously opened one eye.
A boy was standing there, holding his face after taking the punch for Malinda. He was small, with blonde, curly hair. He had scars plastered all over his light skin and a bruise on the back of his slim thigh as well as on his elbow.
Malinda was quite stunned that the boy had helped her, but she was utterly thankful.
The boy turned around, hastily grabbing onto Malinda’s hand and tugging her up roughly. Malinda made a sound of confusion as she was abruptly being dragged down the hall. The boy’s grip had seemingly got tighter as he ran quicker.
The rest of the peers twisted themselves and scrutinized the boy drag off the tiny girl, all entirely confused.
Brain’s fist balled securely as the two disappeared into the darkness. “You little brat Jackson…” He growled lowly under his breath.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!