Under The Sea

Once upon a time under the sea, there was a little kingdom of fish people. The kingdom was filled with beautiful corals and long green seaweed and the houses were as golden as the sun. At the end of Seaweed Grove there was a little house, it was silver because they were very poor. This was where a little girl called Lulu lived with her aunty and it wasn’t far from where the laser dolphins lived. The fish people and the laser dolphins had been enemies for as long as anyone could remember, and Lulu feared them above everything else.
While Lulu was exploring a sunken shipwreck on the other side of the grove, she saw a laser dolphin. The laser dolphin was blue with sparkles, he wore a cape and his blow hole could shoot red lasers. She swam as fast as she could to the captain’s room and hid in a rusty metal and wooden chest, in the corner of the room. The laser dolphin came into the captain’s room. He looked around before opening the chest. He was expecting to see clothes or treasure but instead he found something he feared the most, a fish person! Both Lulu and the laser dolphin screamed, “AAAAHHHH!” as they frantically swam to the door. But the door slammed shut and locked.
Just at that moment the boat started to tip, Lulu shouted, “WE ARE FALLING, WE ARE GOING TO DIE!” The laser dolphin replied, “We have to work together.” Lulu asked, “What is your name?” “Jimmy’s the name, what is yours?” Replied the laser dolphin confidently. “Lulu” she said. The boat started to wobble and tip even more. Panicking, Lulu and Jimmy looked around. Lulu thought that the key to the door would be in a drawer in the captain’s desk. Opening the drawer, they found three strange objects, one of which had a pointy end and made a mark on Lulu’s flipper. The second, had a handle for your fingers to open and close two sharp metal sticks. But it was when she moved the third item, which looked like a very thin rectangular piece of flat white seaweed, that Lulu found it! She grabbed the key as the boat tipped again, they both swam to the door. The ship fell as they unlocked the door and they swam as fast as they could and got to safety just in time. Relieved that they made it to safety, they watched the ship sink further down, down, down, into the darkness. They jumped up and down, holding hands and singing “We did it, we did it!” Jimmy whispered, “Meet me here tomorrow okay?” Lulu whispered, “Okey dokey.”
Jimmy and Lulu did meet up the next day and every day after that. They became the best of friends, sharing many adventures and even sneaking into each other’s realms using disguises. That just goes to show that no matter how different you are, you can be great friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!