Lava

I grew weaker by the minute. At first, I thought it was a bruise caused by my violent little brother. I later learned it was much worse than that.
It’s been a week since I noticed the pain in my arm and its only getting worse, its grown bigger, I’m having nausea on inconvenient occasions and most of all my arm has gone green and rough. I decided to see a man I once knew. His name was Edgar Brown. He was a mysterious man who knew anything about any one.
When I arrived at Edgars place, he had Christmas songs playing and his house was decorated head to toe in baubles, lights, balloons and Santa hats.
“It’s the middle of June why on earth are your Christmas decorations...” and before I could say “up” Edgar tossed me a well wrapped present. Inside was a bottle with a label. The label read “invisible potion, use wisely.”
“I won’t be here for Christmas” Edgar explained "I’m moving to Florida next month, so I thought I’d celebrate early.”
I show him my arm and his mood immediately dropped.
“How do I fix this” I say
“Well first you must venture out to the various volcanos. Then dodging the lava, slay the lava bird then drink from its blood. Only then your quest is done” proclaimed Edgar.
I turned to leave when suddenly Edgar called out “Can you help me put down my Christmas tree? I struggle with this sort of thing”
After I left a taxi pulled up. I got in and almost immediately we were where I wanted to be. I got out to thank the driver, but he had already left. Suddenly I heard an ear-splitting screech as the lava bird came swooping in. I ran and hid in a small cave. I was bewildered by what I saw. Stacks of armour, bows, poison arrows, swords. This cave had it all, even poison darts. I grabbed everything armour and all. I was ready. The lava came hurtling at me and I ran back into the cave. I wasn’t ready. I charged again this time catching it by surprise. The bird struck I blocked. I strike, the bird ducks. Then I caught it by surprise once again and blood came spurting out. My quest was done.

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!