That Darn Turtle!

I’m on the busiest road there possibly is in America. All of a sudden I see a turtle on the side of the road so I jump out of the car and BANG. All of a sudden there is a box with blankets in it so that is where I put the turtle. I hop back in the car with the turtle and call my best friend … Allie . She is an expert with animals . Now I am back at home with the poor turtle. Allie’s Mum pulls up the drive way . “Oh I forgot to say , Allie is staying the night.” Allie is now in my room investigating the turtle , she says to me “ the turtle looks normal what do you want to call her “ I reply “ what about Shelly “ I say “that’s a great name Sarah” says Allie. Do we need to go to the shops to buy thing for Shelly to live “ yes let’s do that “alright then I will go and ask my mum. I’ll be back soon I’m running up the stairs in excitement run into my room and jump on my bed screaming we can go we can go quick let’s get our things that we need to take were now both running down those big mountain of stairs we run through the kitchen and put the door we are bouncing around in the car the whole way there. We’re finally there we race out of the car into the store the first thing we see is a turtle tank which is great cause that is exactly what we need so we just go and get food, water and toys now where at home and we are unloading the car and bringing it all in to my room in you go. Shelly I say putting her in there once she’s in there all of a sudden a bit of her shell pops up BANG there is like a video of some sort sticking out of her shell it’s telling us that Shelly is a machine turtle and how she works then once it stops all of a sudden she looks like a normal turtle again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!