On A Mysterious Island

One hot and sunny day, a family went on an amazing fishing trip to the south-east of Perth. On their way out to sea, they saw 10 beautiful Dolphins and 2 scary Sharks. As they were fishing, they came across a wonderful-looking mysterious island and went to explore. On the island they found an old shack. They knocked on the door and a kind old man answered. He introduced himself and said his name was Alan. The Family explained that they were on a fishing trip when they found this island and wanted to explore. Alan told them about the best place to go fishing, he said that it was about 10 kilometres along the island. When they arrived, they could see heaps of fish underneath their boat. It looked amazing!
As the family were fishing, the youngest son spotted something glinting at the bottom of the ocean. He called his family over and pointed it out. Jumping in, dad dived to the bottom to check it out. He popped his head back up again moments later and exclaimed ‘It’s a chunk of gold!’ The family gasped, not believing what they had found. The dad dived back down to the bottom to try and pull it out. After a few attempts, he managed to bring the chunk of gold back to the boat.
Amazed at what they had found, the family continued fishing and talking excitedly about it before they headed back to Alan. They showed Alan what they had found and Alan explained that there used to be pirates who lived on the island. They had a treasure chest but had left that piece of gold there for a lucky person to find it. Alan told the family he had been searching for it for years but had never found it. He couldn’t believe that this family had found it within half an hour of being there!
The family thanked Alan and headed back to Perth mainland where they took their chunk of gold to a jewellers where they exchanged it for a lot of money! Wanting to give something back to Alan for his kindness on the island, the family used some of the money to set up tourist boats for people to go and see the island. Alan was thrilled that he was now having so many visitors on the island after being alone for so long. Alan set up his own hotel and restaurant and made some money himself.
The island looked amazing and became Perth’s main attraction over the years. Everyone loved the island. Especially Alan who had heaps of attentions and made heaps of friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!