Vortexes And Vampires

I had a funny feeling that day as I woke up on that fateful Wednesday morning... There were dark storm clouds in the usually sunny sky. Boom! I turned around to look out the window. Phew. Just some thunder. It was raining cats and dogs. As my mum drove me to school, l looked quietly out the foggy window and wondered what the day would bring me. Little did l know that the day will be nothing ordinary.

“Ding dong, SCREECH!!” went school bell. I covered my ears. They really knew how to make a school bell project around the school. As I walked into school I noticed that some of my classmates were away. Meh. That wasn't unusual. When I got into class I saw a green circle on the whiteboard. It looked hollow and my best friend and I decided to have a closer look.

Floomp! We got sucked in the big green hollow circle. When we got out the first thing we saw was... A vampire! I had read about them in storybooks but I never thought they were real! This vampire was a ghostly grey. It also had blood dripping from its sharp fangs as if it was fresh. "What the heck are we doing here?!" Screeched Sophie (my best friend).
"Do not fear," said a deep, husky voice "Because you will not be here for long." Sophie screamed a loud, echoing scream. It was the vampire.

Suddenly the vampire struck at Sophie digging its blood-stained teeth and making them even more stained with blood. Sophie closed her eyes and groaned. "Sophie! Sophie! Wake up! Wake up!" She groaned again. I turned to the vampire and screamed: " YOU DID THIS! AND YOU WILL FIX IT!"
"Well, well, well" drooled the vampire. "I have a little bottle of antidote in my cloak just in case..." Suddenly the vampire struck out at me but I was too quick.
I reached for my pocketknife and drove it into the vampire’s heart. Blood started to pour out of the vampire. It was dead. I found the antidote and poured some on Sophie's bite. She woke up and said "I think we should get back".

We got back through the portal only to find that it had only been about 2 minutes since we left.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!