Eclipse Mountain

I held onto my gear, struggling to hike, Aki yelled at me down below with the rest of the crew. "Jess! The cave is down here! We'll find the secret passage to the top!" Aki alerted me firmly as I was skidding down to the base. Finally, I stepped down, looking around me. There was no possible site of the crew. They all isolated me. The possibilities circled my head as I thought the crew where already out in the cave. Before I could even decide to join them, cold curiosity tickled my spine as I spotted a mysteriously, ajar crack that was near the opening of the cave. I poked my head inside the wide gap and an awfully musty scent attacked my nose. "Ahh! This smell is so awful!" I cried, "But still, what's in this crack?"
I struggled through the gap until a miraculous enlargement for the crack let me fit inside. I lit up my torch and started to wander into the pitch black darkness. I inched slowly as I start to hear an eerie noise. My torch flickered, as in that millisecond, I shrieked in solid fear as i saw an eclipsed spook whispering the greatest nightmares into my head. I sprinted past the devilish spook and puffed like a pufferfish. I heard thick, moist footsteps coming nearing closer to me, no matter how nimble I can be, the sound closely grabbed my neck. A light started to gleam brightly at the end of the haunted cave.
I dart quicker than ever to the heavenly light. It was my only dream escape. But whispers got louder, vibrating my eardrums quicker. I hustled out of the cave, panting in exhaustion, finding myself in a quiet garden. Was I in heaven? A fortunate door was at the corner of the unusual room... if I wanted to exit. There was a silence. Fairies were spread across the whole room. The silence was much too peaceful for me, so I decided to chat with one of the fairies. "Hello?" I feebly greeted. The fairy smiled at me and gestured me politely to be quiet, then she continued with the gardening. "Wow, she's not really the talker..." I muttered in a hiss.
I walked through the doors and as I just shut them behind me, they disappeared in all of a sudden. I swerved in confusion to see if the doors were still behind me. I heard a ghastly sound in disturbance at the opposite side of the steep mountain. It was that exact same spook that tried to traumatise me. The sun was just slightly about to sink into the clouds, letting all the night demons take over. Suddenly, the the sun and the moon started eclipsing! It's awfully too early for the sun to set! the spook finally fled away, realising it was the wrong time to come. Then Aki just came out of nowhere. "Hey, those were good moves." Aki commented. I smiled broadly

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!