Wanted

The dim lights of the lampposts flickered as it started to drift off to sleep. A group of mischievous assassins craftily slid into the looming tower of the tower unseen within the shadows.
“What are they after?” the Annabelle whispered as curiously watching at the strange bunch of hooded figures entering the hospital.
“The ailing queen of course, who would want to shove the heir of their own throne, taking power and riches for theirselves?” Ace said as he revealed a titanium bullet. The silent hunters slithered through the caliginous hallways, while opening doors which moaned though the lightest touch from the seeking predators.

The queen was awaken by the slightest sound of creaking, she blinked in surprise as the hooded figure followed by some masked people entered the room. The queen was greeted with a twitching smile and the woman’s black hair fell from its bundle leaving the queen devastated.The women’s hair was chaotic like a bird nest, the rest was just her midnight clothes as if the night sky was imprinted on her. The women’s green piercing eyes met the queen’s blue crystal eyes. Green on blue. The women looked down on once been a bar of gold, and now to a piece of metal rusting away. Before anyone reacted, the gun was cocked and loaded.

The pools of blood was splattered on the floor and walls glinting. Shining titanium bullets nested neatly in the dead bodies.
“Assassins taking down assassins,” Annabelle muttered, as she stepped out of the gloom.
“A classic indeed,” Ace said clutching a silver pistol.
The pair jumped out of the massive window, smashing it along too, as they landed surprisingly on their feet. They start to run off and disappear into alleyway like they were never there. Sirens in the distance interrupting the silence.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!