Paradise

I found myself staring at darkness, pulling the skin off on my busted lip leaving a slight stinging sensation. My ribs were broken, my stomach was bruised. My heart was heavy, as my body felt like it was going to break. closing my eyes filling the tears escape them, the distant memories of us played like a movie in my head repeating like a bad cycle thinking of paradise.

Then I snap out of it when I heard the door open, and glass bottles being rattled around the house till the sounds reach our bedroom. I watch him enter the room through the cracks of our closet, watching him pour himself another drink to down his pain.
As he empties the glass that was filled with regrets, the only thing he can do after his blood has turned into alcohol is close his eyes and believe that I’m by his side, thinking he wouldn’t lose me again.

We once thought that we were destined to be together, now that isn’t enough. he believes in us, I believe I need change. we’re like strangers. So many fights, so many nights where he couldn’t hold back his anger. But in my heart I know there’s another way where I can rewrite these chapters of us, I’m done with the lies done with the trying.

He was glaring at the closet I looked at his bottle to see two fingers full, he started growling my name I gripped my mouth to stop the sobs from being heard. I know he isn’t the man I married, the soft words he spoke to me, the soft touch, that kiss was enough to give me butterflies like it was a fairy tale, you said you wanted it all. Before we spent our night/days with laughter and love, now it’s just filled with screams and cries.

Right now you’re blaming me for all that’s been done, I’m in more danger than ever before. He stumbled to the closet sneering before leaving, I looked at his bottle to see nothing in it, which only meant he was searching for more. without thinking twice I thought It’s was now or never, I got out of the room avoiding the creeks in the floor. All I felt was the pain in my ribs, I tiptoed faster to the front door, causing more pain making me nearly collapse on the ground once I got to the door I twisted the knob, the click echoed through the house, and I heard the same noise but louder this time I quickly flung the door open just to hear it stop.

I was about to take a step out before a hand gripped my hair dragging me back in the house, growling my name I cried for him to stop but before I could cry anymore I felt a cold sharp object pierce into my back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!