Heart Break To A Nightmare

No," I whispered as Mum's eyes came to a close, her head falling to the right side. I knew this was the end.

3 weeks had passed since that horrible day, I haven’t gone to school, I haven’t left my house, I haven’t left my bed. Every day I would think to myself, I am only 12, how could this happen to me. “Dad is gone, Mum is gone, what am I meant to do now?” is what would play in my head over and over again until I would fall asleep.

I couldn’t deal with it anymore.
I need it to stop.
But it wouldn’t.
It couldn’t.
It would never.

“Millicent come down here,” Grandma called from the kitchen,
“Dinner’s ready!”
“Not hungry,” I yelled
“You need to eat. It has been 3 days since you last ate,”
“Still not hungry,” I replied as my stomach gave a loud cry.
I just laid in my bed, staring at the wall. I could hear footsteps going up the stairs, and a fork drop. I knew Grandma was bringing me up my dinner.

Night fell and I couldn’t sleep, I kept picturing mum's eyes closing, over and over again whenever I closed my own eyes. After about 3 hours I started to drift and I was soon in a deep sleep.
“Nooooo, you can’t do this, you are part of a family, my family. You can’t jump, I need you, you are the only one I have, Dad is gone, I need someone, I need you. You are the only one I can rely on please, just please, just don’t!”
“Ahhhhh,” I screamed as my eyes flew open and I quickly sat up. I had had this nightmare every night since mum passed away. It was horrible, but I couldn’t tell anyone, not one person, not even Molly my best friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!