Haunted Halloween

I can’t believe it’s my favourite time of year! It’s Halloween, the only time of year I get to stay up past eleven o’clock. My friends and I are about to go trick or treating when I just remembered I forgot my mask at home.”Guys my mask” I didn’t need to finish my sentence. I sighed as I saw my friends glare at me like I just said I wasn’t friends with them anymore! “How can you forget your mask?” Amy said with a deep voice, I shrugged, Amy is one of my best friends, and I have no idea why she said that to me so awfully, hopefully she’ll get over that.”I know!” Sally said, looking like she had just won the lottery, sally is usually smart on these occasions, so hopefully this is good.“you can go back home go to the basement and get a new one”. I froze like a statue with a worried and horrified look on my face, “the b-basement?” I stammered. “Yeah, what’s the worst that could happen” Amy pleaded.

My friends are very good persuaders so now, I was trembling down the basement stairs when we could be trick or treating already! My friends were probably so angry having to wait for me up there. I can’t believe I nearly fell because my legs feel like they were made out of jelly walking down these stairs.I finally reached the bottom, but I’m not very happy I did. Weird things were staring at me like, strange voodoo dolls, and something that looked like the queen in a picture frame. I new dad said this place was creepy, but he didn’t tell me it was terrifying ! Something stood out in the corner of my eye, it was a clear glass case that said WEAR IF YOU DARE on it. I slowly walked towards a glass case, and when it came into focus is was the thing I have been looking for.

It was a mask! And it went really well with my costume, I nearly broke the glass trying to get the mask. I sprinted up stairs only to find my friends gone. I couldn’t believe my eyes, they actually left. I wanted to cry but I was so frustrated. They know it’s my favourite time of year and they ruined it. I barged back downstairs to put the mask away, but I really wanted to see how the mask would look with my costume. So I pulled the strap back and slipped it onto my head, I think I looked pretty decent with it on. I tried to take the mask off my head but, it was stuck! Was it too small of a size, was it ALIVE! the questions kept overlapping in my head while I was trying to prye the horrific mask off my head. What was I going to do!?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!