Jeff The Hiker

Jeff the hiker

“Beep! Beep!” the truck went. Out came the general of his little village, adam. It was 4pm in the afternoon. “That rock on the mountain will fall soon if we don’t push it down!” he claimed at the news reporters camera. Out came three hikers. Freddy, Alex and jeff were the finest hikers in the village. “We need to get it down or the entire village will be crushed” general Adam told the hikers.

He gave the three all the things they needed. They set up their first tent. Jeff looked up and down at the mountain. It was the biggest mountain he’s ever seen! He looked as high as he could but still couldn’t see the top. His heart beated hard.
He was 25 metres up, but the general estimated it would be 120 metres! He was panicking so much he slipped! His hand slipped out of the pick and he fell 4 metres down, until he landed in some snow. He climbed up only with his pocket knife and finally he reached his pick again.

The spikes on his boots were already wearing out. Finally they reached tent 2 on the mountain. The second tent was placed. They put out the burner and continued their hike.

He wiped off all his snow. He felt proud, this was the highest he’s ever hiked! But now it was worse, it was steeper, it was harder to climb because of all the thick snow and a storm began! It was tiring and jeff had blisters everywhere. Sticks ran into his stomach. He tried to yell. no words came out. On and on, and by the time they got to the last tent, it was 7pm!

They camped the night out in their little tent, with a nice fire.

In the morning, it was sunny! “Quick, before the storm! We’ll already be half way by the time the storm arrives again!” freddy shouted! The three hiked faster than usual. Jeff was happy that by the time the storm arrives they’ll be halfway! They were nearly running up the mountain until alex spotted a snowflake.

“This is bad” she said. “The storm’s coming!” they looked up and hiked. To their surprise, they have hiked more than half, they hiked 3 quarters up the mountain! “20 metres left everyone!” fred shouted!

Jeff’s big nose was scraping across the snow. They could see the boulder! They were nearly at the top until jeff slipped!

“Help!” he called. He dangled from his pick as the two already at the top throwed a ladder down. Jeff pulled himself up. “Arrrrrg!” he cried.

The whole gang were finally at the top! “And now one more thing to do” everyone said. They pushed with all their might! “Rrrrrrr!” The rock started moving. The rock rolled faster and faster, and fell in the truck.
“Thank You hikers, i can’t thank you enough! Adam declared! Jeff was proud of himself. “I will never do that again” he said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!