Garfield Saves The World

Hi my name is Garfield, I like pizza, and you know that right? Well, yesterday I ordered some pizza from Vito’s pizzeria. That is my favourite place to go! Best pizzeria in the whole of the town. Anyways, yesterday Vito got a new truck with 360 horse power engine. The bad thing about the truck was that it ran on fossil fuel. Do all of us know what “Fossil Fuel” is? It is nature made fuel, such as crude oil, coal, etc. Burning fossil fuels gives a lot of harmful smoke. Vito’s high power truck was burning a lot of fossil fuel.

As you know, Vito delivered the pizza in the truck, when he got here I could smell only the smoke and not the pizza - it smelled very bad. I could see from my window the smoke caused lots of pollution that the birds were suffocated, kids on side walk were coughing, old people finding hard to breath and an old man even fainted on the street. I couldn't taste the pizza, the pollution made me feel really bad and I totally forgot about my dinner and the pizza. I ran to Vito’s and told him about the harm his truck was causing to earth and told him not to use the truck anymore. I pointed out what he has done to the environment. Vito realised his mistake and agreed to recycle the truck. He got a solar powered scooter. I then ordered 100 pizzas and celebrated the change with the neighbourhood. Hooray for me! So stop polluting and use renewable energy.

What you can do will make the world a healthier, safer and happier place for us and the future generation.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!