Bad Ideas

“you must be Amanda. Right?”
“Yes”
“Hi im Chase and this must be…Kirsty?”
“Yep, that’s me”
“Well, its lovely to meet you guys. Um come on in and I’ll show you around”

“2 females have been reported missing after going to a home interview in Bunbury yesterday” The Channel 7 news lady said through my TV, “21-year-old Amanda Smith and 19-year-old Kirsty Jones where last seen in Bunbury yesterday afternoon, they were reported missing by their friends after they didn’t come home”
I walked over to the TV and turned it up to act as I had interest in their disappearances.
“oh no. isn’t that just horrible” I rolled my eyes. “their poor family’s”, my mother, who had not left my couch since she walked into my house gave me a look of grief “you know them?” she asked
“Knew them” I smirked. My mother shot me another look, but of terror this time. “oh come one mum, I was kidding. Yes, I knew them anyway why do you ask?”
“I don’t know. same age group I guess” she looked around my house. “nice place. How’d you manage to score this one?”
“Um well. Two girls bought it and then they went missing” I giggled and walked out my front door.
I left my mother on a cliff hanger, I knew when I got home she would pound me with questions that she expects answers too
“you killed them didn’t you?!” “you’ve done this before; you’ll do it again!” “im going to turn you into the police”
Ugh I don’t know why I just don’t kill her. Actually that gives me an idea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!