Queen Of Fear

“I... I can explain” no. No i can’t there is another girl in my walk-in wardrobe with me my dad found us watching Stranger things together. I am trying to think of a believable story but nothing.” Sorry Mr. Sanderzo we wanted to watch stranger things but, it is bright out there” lied Skye “and when we closed the curtains there was still light coming through, so we came in here were we knew there wouldn’t be any light. Sorry it was my idea.” I was shocked. How is she such a good liar?! The curtains are even closed too! Dad closed the roller shutters then left. Ten minutes later he slipped two M&M chocolate blocks and one bowl of popcorn through the door.


“Nova" Skye said sweetly “Your dumb iPad has been locked out. Open it I need Netflix PEASANT” “Okay” I explain “three things 1: calm down 2: calm down and 3: CALM DOWN” I declared while unlocking it. Skye screamed. Oh no rain. Skye is Ombrophobic. I scream “B.B.B.....BUUUUG” I screech. I have Insectophobia. We hold each other. Tight. I put on the TV to try and drain out the sound of the rain and Skye feels better but then I notice that the bug is about to crawl onto our chocolate! Skye makes a run for them. Safe. And I have the popcorn. “Quick we need to make a blanket fort. I have pillows blankets throw rugs and chairs” I explained Skye and I started to make our fort. I kept screaming since there were so many bugs, but they were mainly on the window. There done.


Yes, we are fourteen-year old’s but when we are scared, we build, and when we build, we build, and the best part is now we have a place to sleep as well as chargers nearby. Skye made sure that we had the TV in the fort. “Nova we are ready for the weekend.” Skye told me. “Yeah” I replied.

THUMP. THUMP. GROOOOOOAAAN. THUMP. GROOOOOOAAAN. We screamed.Then my dad came in. “what the heck is this?” he questioned me. “umm, it is our safety fort since there are bugs and it is raining soooo” I stuttered. “oh well” dad started to explain “the rain was just water from when I was watering the plants, and all the bug I believe was when I was picking bugs off the plants so that you could look at the plants without freaking out.” “But then what made the thumps and groans?” asked Skye “ah I fell and hit my leg and when I went to grab something to pull myself up, I grabbed the cactus” he sighed. We all started to laugh. “right well then” dad said seriously, oh no what have we done I think “what flavor pizza would you two lovers like?” I slapped him and said Hawaii chicken in unison with Skye. And that marks day one of our weekend sleepover!





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!