Jake Into The Underworld

Down Down Down
CRACK! The prickly vines caught him. OUGH! The vines snapped and Jake fell to the floor. He tripped over a branch and broke his ankle. AGHH! He was surrounded by lava and then suddenly the ground broke, Jake fainted, boom! Two days later, he woke up amazed at what he was seeing. A land of dinosaurs lay in front of him.
Earthquake/Deep swim.
Suddenly the ground started shaking, he looked behind himself. There where humongous feet stomping behind him, he tried to think what dinosaur it belonged to. He thought they belonged to a Saltasaurus, but there was no time to look, he had to run. He couldn’t run so he started hopping. Jake let his foot drop, he tripped and fell into the water. Jake thought it wasn’t deep, but it was unbelievably deep. He tried to swim and his ankle felt alright. Jake was bumped and he flew out into the air and made it out of the water. He was very close to drowning. He lay flat for a bit and woke up to see Brachiosauruses walking along. Now he knew what nearly stomped on him before, but he didn’t know what bumped him, he looked into the water and saw a humongous Mosasaurus. He named the Brachiosaurus, Bracho and the Mosasaurus, Slicer.
Forest Dangers
He wandered off into the forest. After a little while he heard ‘ROAR!’ So far Jake only met friendly dinosaurs so he thought it would be a nice dinosaur to so he continued on. After a few minutes, he heard a rustle behind him. He turned around and looked, there was nothing but a brown bridge. Just as he turned around, he was drenched in slobber. Jake looked up. There was a humongous T.Rex. He saw the bridge move, they were the T.Rex’s feet. He ran like a cheetah, whooshing through the air. A few hundred metres away, lay a Spinosaurus, he smelt Jake too. It ran blood thirsty for him. Jake heard another rustle, he thought it was the end of him, but after a few seconds, he opened his eyes and saw a Spinosaurus and a T.Rex laying next to him. He named the Spinosaurus, Spino and the T.Rex, Terry. In front of him, he saw a volcano with hot water instead of lava.
Up Up and away
He realised that, that’s where the water spouts from. He knew he could fly out of here, but the water would be too hot. So he got some leaves to cover his butt. Then he went to the water and got blown out. WEEH! But he didn’t have anything to fly with so he used the leaves. He was relieved to actually be flying. But he accidentally let go. He was dropping fast, but he didn’t worry because there were vines. He got tangled. Jake whistled, calling his friends of the jungle. His friend elephant heard and got him to the ground.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!