Happy Halloween!

CRASH,BANG,CRASH, BOOM. I dashed upstairs to see what all the noise was about. As my arms shook I slowly opened the door to my bedroom. My jaw dropped so far I thought they would fall off! I stared at a tall, dark looking figure in disbelieve. I realised what it was, I sprinted downstairs like I was in the Olympic. ‘Hello, hello there is a gigantic, slimy monster.’ ‘ Sorry we can’t answer the phone right now’ interrupted the police. ‘Will I ever survive!?’

I hoped in the car, grabbed my phone and tried to search for the nearest police station. After half an hour I finally found a police station. ‘ Great! It’s closed what a coincidence. ‘Well I mean,it is 1:27 in the morning, BUT THERE'S A MONSTER IN MY HOUSE!’ I Grrrr.. I was in the corner of the living room, my blanket covered ever part of my body. It was silent, I grabbed my blanket and my torch. I tiptoed upstairs so quietly you could hear a pin drop.

The growling noises grew louder and louder as I got closer and closer to the door. My cold, teeth chattering, frozen hands slowly opened the door. I didn’t believe in myself!, ‘ Hayah! I got you’ I shouted covering completely nothing with my blanket. ‘Oh.. my bad. But where is it?’ I asked myself. ‘Ahhh’ I sprinted to the window to see what happened. Was it the monster!? Will it kill everyone in town!? There was a lady with a ferocious.. no.. it can’t be! I bolted downstairs and ran over to the lady. All I see is a.. baby? I madly walked back inside, I slammed the door shut and sat down on the nice, soft couch.

If only I had a clue that could tell me where it could be. BANG. A loud noise which sounded like it was from the attic made my heart pound 1000 miles an hour. My head was spinning and my hands were sweating like they came out of boiling water. Squish, squash,squish! What in the name of heavens was that noise!? I slowly got closer to the door and thought to myself ‘ it’s ok, it’s only a monst..’ Suddenly a wet and slimy hand gripped onto my shoulder. I slowly turned around getting ready to run for dear life.


‘Allen?’ Called a little voice. ‘ What on earth are you doing at 2:03 in the morning?’ ‘ Oh, Margret’ I said in an embarrassed way. Well I did have a blanket over my head. ‘ What are you..ummm... doing at 2:03 in the morning?’ I chuckled. ‘ Allen, you had a blanket over your head and you were shaking like you came out of a -20 degree pool’. ‘ There’s a monster! It is slimy, green and hairy with three massive eyes and 14 long tentacles!’ Explained Allen. ‘Oooh Allen!’ Said Margret trying not to giggle. ‘ Happy Halloween Allen!’ Grinned Margret holding up her new Halloween costume.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!